The company that became Arnold Stansby & Co was established in 1870s Manchester and bore the trading name A & JJ Arnold.
The Stansby family became involved in the 1920s when the firm became known as Arnold Stansby & Co.
In the 1950s and 1960s the firm was involved in a number of mergers and was known by some different names, including Arnold Coppock & Kaye.
The name Arnold has been constant throughout the history of the firm, which reverted to its present name in the 1960s, with the Stansby family involved for another decade.
In the late 1950s and through the 1960s Arnold Stansby & Co was one of Manchester’s largest firms, with addition to private client work also undertaking corporate work. The firm decided to concentrate on private client work, with the emphasis on individual and personal service, and specifically to remain independent.
The father of current owners Jeremy and Nicholas Stockton started working for Arnold Stansby in 1939, the start of a continuous family connection lasting more than 80 years to date.
Arnold, Stansby & Co, one of only a handful of independent stockbrokers in the country.